Contact Hours – approx. 30 hours
Event Dates – April 11-13, 2020
Location – Stawell Athletic Club, Stawell
The Stawell Gift is one of Australia’s oldest and most loved sporting events which has 139 years of history. The premier athletics event has 29 races, with 700+ competitors and 1600 athlete entries. The Stawell Gift and the Strickland Family Women’s Gift are the two richest footraces in Australia. The three-day carnival not only has running events it also hosts kids activities and an athletic clinic, Fashion on the Field, a Ladies Day including a wine bar and family activities including the very popular Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday.
The Event Support role will give students valuable insight and experience within the events environment at a premier sporting event. Students will assist Twenty3 Group staff in many departments including operations, logistics, event presentation, broadcasting, sponsor activations and digital.
Students must have a passion for sport and event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic, flexible and professional
Tasks will include, but not limited to:
• Assist event management with bump in and out of the event including sponsorship activations, club events, vendor management and signage
• Assist event management with digital and social media throughout the event
• Assist event management with TV production staff, media, Stawell Athletic Club and athlete appearances
• Managing elements of sponsor activations and club events including Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt, Presidents Function, kids clinic and Fashions on the Field
• Event support for photographer and other media
• Assist in managing accreditation and media centre
• Serve as liaison with event management to vendors
Over the weekend approx. 30 hours contact hours with start and finish times to be confirmed upon successful applications.